- E-Book Starter
- Do-it-yourself ebook design kit including over 100 predesigned ebook interface and cover templates.
- Ebook Publishing Tools
- Create, publish and sell e-books with this collection of tools. Tools for sale include Desktop Author software, which creates e-books with the appearance of turning pages, and includes over 50 professionally designed e-book templates. They offer custom e-book cover creation, or you can purchase the eCover Studio software to create your own high-quality e-book covers. Site also includes articles and resources for e-book authors and publishers.
- Pdf995 Suite
- Free software! Create PDF (Acrobat) format files from any document, such as Word or Excel. You’ll have to put up with a splash screen every time the PDF program launches as long as you’re using the free version. You can get rid of it by purchasing a license for a very reasonable fee. The suite is full-featured, allowing you to include clickable hyperlinks in your documents, control the printing and display of the PDF document, use custom page sizes, imbed fonts, etc. This may be a good budget-wise choice for you if you’d like to create PDF format e-books.
- Article City
- Free articles on a wide variety of topics for use on Web sites, newsletters, and e-zines.
- Do you run a newsletter or e-zine? Of course, much of the time the content ideas just flow out of you and it’s a joy to write—but what do you do when the idea well runs dry? Perhaps you’re thinking of starting a newsletter, but you dread the chore of regularly coming up with relevant articles and interesting tidbits to satisfy your readers. Help is available! This site features hundreds of newsletter fillers (articles, jokes, crosswords, quotes, etc) and other resources for publishers.
- Free articles for use in your e-zine or website. You can also submit articles for publication (a small fee applies), which can be a good way of building credibility and increasing your reputation as an "expert" in your field. (Helpful hint: be sure to read and follow their editorial guidelines before submitting.)